ASK Will Sanchez aka DJ HERCULES DMV:
TOP QUESTIONS I GET ASKED ALL THE TIME!
1. How would you describe your style?
It depends on the vibe you’re going for. If you want an elegant cocktail party with lots of casual conversation, or an all out dance party, we can create the type of vibe you want for your event! We do it all!
2. Can we come listen to you perform?
Depending on the day of the week… most gigs I work are in the evening. You can find me at The Salsa Room in Arlington most nights, as I have been a resident DJ there for over 14 years. Videos and mixes are being updated monthly on the Torrchez YouTube page and SoundCloud under DJ Hercules DMV.
3. Do you check out the chosen venue beforehand to know our reception space and its acoustic, power and amplification requirements?
We always suggest doing a walk through of your venue, if we have not hosted there in the past. This will give us an idea of the layout, and the best equipment to use for your space.
4. Can you play the songs that are important to us (such as a traditional tune, La Hora Loca or a favorite pop hit)?
Yes, we will be able to play, learn or download any tune you’d like. We have hosted many bi-cultural and diverse events successfully! We love to learn your cultural musical needs! We can also help provide Party Favors.
5. How many people do you bring to help set up? Who will do the setup?
Depending on your package, there will always be two people available to set up. Each individual in an independent contractor; typically another DJ; who also serves as a back up during presentations.
6. Do you offer lighting or any other special effects?
We do offer Multiple Sound Set Ups (Multiple Room Set Ups), Lighting, Video Projection, Gobo (Monogram Projection), Fog/Dry Ice Machine (Dance on a Cloud effect), and a CO2 Cannon. We can include any or all of these within you package at an extra cost. Let us set up a package to fit your needs and budget.
7. What do you typically wear?
I, as your DJ/MC will usually have a tuxedo, black suit or simple coordinated outfits, like black shirts and slacks. You let us know how formal we need to be. 🙂
8. How many hours are included in the package?
Depending on your event: (i.e.: A Wedding) it is typically a 6 hour event (1 hour for Ceremony, 1 hour for Cocktail, 4 hours for the Dinner and Reception). 2 hours are typically required for set up and 1 hour or so, for breakdown; this all depends on how many services are included in your package. Tip: Ask you venue if your contracted time includes set-up/breakdown time for your vendors.
9. How do you handle song requests?
You let us know what the protocol will be for making sure your guests hear their favorite tunes—if you even want them to have that creative control. Tip: You can ask guests to add their song requests on their invitation reply; this gives you an idea what they expect. We also ask for a “Do Not Play” List… after all, this is your wedding/event and we want to make sure you are comfortable with the song selections for your special day!
10. Can you act as the master of ceremonies?
I am a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Master Of Ceremonies for all events. I have a general script and agenda I follow. We will go over everything that I will be presenting for you.
11. How many weddings/events do you typically do in a year?
Torrchez Entertainment has been in business for over 7 years and we typically do 75-100 events a year (weddings 45-55, quinceaneras 10-15, dance events 20-25, holiday/theme parties 20-30, etc.)
12. Do you have another wedding gig before or after ours?
We make sure you are only priority that day. It is very rare that we book back to back gigs. Tip: This is also a great question for your venue!
13. Do you have liability insurance?
Yes; Let us know if we need to provide a Certificate Of Insurance to your venue or coordinator.
14. What’s your backup plan if there’s an equipment malfunction?
We always have back up equipment on hand to handle these situations. (i.e.: we always set up two wireless mics for speeches, etc., just in case one does fail) All of our equipment gets updated every 2-3 years to minimize failures during an event.
15. How do you motivate a shy crowd to dance?
As a DJ, we will do our best to get the crowd on the dance floor. Encouraging them to join the honored guests (Bride and Groom) on the dance floor and line dancing are great ways to get the general crowd out dancing. We can also contract “Party Starters/Dance Instructors” who will teach you guests various dances and make them feel comfortable on the dance floor.
16. Do you have a specialty?
As far as events are concerned, Weddings! As far as music is concerned, We play all types for genres for your type of diverse crowd. Being of Latin descent, I am very familiar with the Latin Genres, but also born and raised in NYC, I have been exposed to all types of genres during my years as a DJ.
17. Do you use pre-determined set lists, or do you take requests (or read the crowd)?
When it comes to DJing an event, you (and your guests) will probably prefer the latter. Your friends and family will love to have the opportunity to request songs, and there’s nothing like a DJ feeding off the energy in a crowd.
18. Can we supply a master playlist in advance?
Absolutely! This is your day! Let us know what you want to hear or think what your guests would like to dance to.
19. Can you design an itinerary for the night? Yes! We will go over a timeline agenda for your event to make sure we capture any traditions, dedications dances, grand entrances, etc. to make sure the event goes smoothly and timely. We will work closely with your coordinator to make sure all your vendors are informed throughout the event.
Let’s meet up and discuss the details of your special day!!
International Event DJ/MC.
Managed by Torrchez Entertainment LLC
#herculesentertainment #torrchez @djherculesdmv @torrchez.herculesentertainment